SkyMapper Transient Survey
- Working with the SkyMapper team to hunt for new supernovae! We are using the 1.3m telescope at Siding Spring Observatory to study supernovae and other transient objects across ~1000 square degrees of the sky.
- We recently launched the citizen-science project to search for Planet 9 (launched on BBC’s Stargazing Live TV event). The supernova citizen-science search was also recently launched and is live here.
- The SkyMapper Team includes Brian Schmidt, Anais Möller, Brad Tucker, Ashley Ruiter, Ivo Seitenzahl, Seo-Won Chang, Bonnie Zhang, Fiona Panther, Daniel Muthukrishna, Natalia E. Sommer, Ryan Ridden-Harper, Patrick Armstrong, Nataliea Lowson, Richard Scalzo, Fang Yuan, Mike Childress, Chris Onken, Chris Wolf
Dark Energy Survey
- Working with the supernova working group in the Australian Sector of the Dark Energy Survey (OzDES)
- Paper (submitted) “OzDES multifibre spectroscopy for the Dark Energy Survey: Three year results and first data release” MNRAS
Deep learning for the automated classification of supernovae
- Try ‘pip install astrodash’ to get started!
- My thesis has won several prizes for its novel approach.
- Bok Prize Highly Commended (Awarded to the top three astronomy-related theses from all Honours/Masters students in Australia)
- IEEE Student Thesis Prize (Awarded to the top ranked Information Technology and Electrical Engineering thesis from all undergraduate students in Queensland)
- GBST Best Software Project (Awarded to the top ranked software-related thesis at the University of Queensland)
Model independent cosmology with SNIa and BAO data
Modelling emission line profiles with multiple Gaussian components
Design of a portable digital oscilloscope
- With Benjamin Jarrett and Ovindu Manawaduge